Thursday, July 26, 2007

Self and Ubit Evaluation: Unit 4

REGARDING YOUR OWN PERFORMANCE

1. What were the three aspects of the assignments I've submitted that I am most proud of?
The three aspects of the assignments that I have submitted that I am most proud of are the two compendium reviews and the fetal development lab. The aspects that I am proud of in the compendium review are the topics of fertilization and birth and the topic of humans are primates, I really enjoyed writing about these subjects, because I already have a personal interest, so it just added to the learning of new information. And, the aspects I am proud of in the fetal development lab are the descriptions of each stage and the pictures that show the development of the fetus. I really was enthralled with the assignment, due to the topic.

2. What two aspects of my submitted assignments do I believe could have used some improvement?
The two aspects of my submitted assignments that could have used some improvement were my demographics lab and my ethical issue paper. The aspects in my demographics lab that could of used improvement were some of the answers I provided to the given questions. I felt like I could of gone into a little bit more detail. And, the aspects in my ethical issue essay could of actually been finished, but I felt like I did not really understand the information to write about it.

3. What do I believe my overall grade should be for this unit?
I believe my overall grade for this unit should be at least a low A, because I did apply myself in all of the other subjects, except the ethical issue essay.

4. How could I perform better in the next unit?
I can perform better in the next unit by maybe making more time in understanding the issue regarding the essay.

REGARDING THE UNIT (adapted from Stephen Brookfield, University of St. Thomas "Critical Incident Questionnaire")

1. At what moment during this unit did you feel most engaged with the course?
The moment that I felt most engaged with the course was the section on reproduction. I really enjoy this topic, because I have had personal experience. And I am interested in the given information, due to one of my many career dreams of becoming a birth doula.

2. At what moment unit did you feel most distanced from the course?
The moment that I felt most distanced from the course was the topic for the ethical issue essay. While I was reading the information, I felt a little confused and did not exactly know what to write about. So, I ended up not doing the assignment.

3. What action that anyone (teacher or student) took during this unit that find most affirming and helpful?
The action that the teacher took during this unit that I found most affirming and helpful was the overall layout for the unit. It was very easy to understand what information needed to be learned and what criteria needed to be met for the given assignments.

4. What action that anyone (teacher or student) took during this unit did you find most puzzling or confusing?
During this unit, I did not find anything puzzling or confusing.

5. What about this unit surprised you the most? (This could be something about your own reactions to the course, something that someone did, or anything else that occurs to you.)
The thing that surprised me most about this unit was the information about deep time history. I really liked the analogy of the toilet paper roll to view the history of the Earth. It gave a great visual and understanding as to what happened when.

3 comments:

Larry Frolich said...

Laurel, as always, incredible work on this unit. You were one of the few who saw positive descriptions for a region with lots of young people—yeah! I didn’t see an ethical issue essay—I would have thought this would be one that would interest you, but I understand time constraints as well. The species list is beautiful and the compendiums are great. You have a real talent for scholarly and academic work—keep it up and good luck with nutrition and whatever else you do,
LF

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the TV de LCD, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://tv-lcd.blogspot.com. A hug.

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the TV de Plasma, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://tv-de-plasma.blogspot.com. A hug.